Tags, tags and more tags; whew! Tagging seems to be the flavor of the month! 😛 So here’s the latest one. This one’s from Abhi Chettan, who used to be my senior at college and is one of my BEST friends. All I have to do is to list 8 items about various topics. Here I go!
8 things I’m passionate about:
1) Family: True, I hate the control they have on my life & actions and I positively feel low when they put up savagely-inaccurate accusations against me. But in the end, I’m what I am because they all are, to quote the Ubuntu philosophy. Dad & Mom, if you ever read this, you matter the MOST to me in my life. Thanks for being there!
2) Friends: I’m proud to have some of the best human beings in God’s own green Earth as my friends (and that includes the guy who tagged me, who’s right there at the top of the list). I’d lay down my life in their service and I’m sure at least some of them (if not all) reciprocate the affection I have for them. Thanks a bunch, guys!
3) Blogging: My current GTalk status message reads: “I think, therefore I blog”. It’s not exaggeration. Blogging IS my life, it’s the only activity in my life that I practice with religous zeal and dedication. I enjoy the bliss of seeing the first comment in my post, and savour the manic satisfaction I get at having shouted out my thoughts online. Posts like this have lifted me up from banal lows and put me back in action. I intend to be a professional blogger, someday!
4) Photography: Another activity I enjoy the most. I inherited the interest in photography from dad. Today, hours of rigorous practice and Gigabytes of Photographs later, I can safely say that I’m a kinda-averagely-talented photographer. Many of my photos have won accolades in competitions, and Photography actually gave me my first salary! Do visit my flickr account to catch a glimpse of a few of my pics.
5) Music: Someone said, “Music is the food for Love”. For me, it’s the food for life. Can’t imagine a day without music. My 30 GB music collection (pirated, yes! So sue me! :P) is one of the few things I love to boast of. I listen to them all! From hard-rock, heavy-metal to soothing Carnatic and Hindustani melodies and Ghazals.
6) Books: Compulsive reader here. I devour books the way someone who hasn’t seen food for years gobbles stuff up! Fiction, non fiction, anything… If it’s engrossing and matches my tastes (which are pretty-flexible) I don’t rest until I’m done with it.
7) MBA: Tough point here, but MBA’s again my passion. I’ve been dreaming about joining the IIMs ever since that quick conversation with a successful IIMite senior from Loyola. Not that I’m really working hard the way I should to get into a premier MBA institute. Slacker that I am, I need time. But still I’m doing my best!
8) Tech-stuff: Mobiles, Cameras, PCs, Laptops, iPods… you name it! Anything remotely related to those four magic letters: T-E-C-H turns me on!
Eight things I want to do before I die
1) Be my own boss and start my own company someday.
2) Make my company top Fortune 500, and be a billionaire.
3) Try and make the world and the universe my playground like Mr Dennis Tito.
4) To save the world from an impending disaster and be the real action hero! (with due apologies to Hari)
Too far-fetched, eh? Guess I’ll move on to more realistic dreams.
5) Own the top-end SLR Camera and click photos to my hearts content!
6) Write a book someday.
7) To be able to put my best foot forward in whatever I do and succeed.
8) Marry the woman of my dreams and live happily ever after! (This is what I REALLY want! Seriously!)
Eight things I say often
1) Oh fish!
2) What the fish?!
(Both of ’em used to be something else… Censored it la’ OSO after a rather, erm, ‘bitter’ experience!!)
3) ദൈവമേ! (OMG!)
4) കലിപ്പ്! (Awesome!)
8) തന്നെ?! (Really?!)
Eight books I’ve read recently
1) A Thousand Splendid Suns
2) The Three Mistakes of my life
3) How Opal Mehta got kissed, got wild and got a life
4) The God of Small things
5) Power Shift
6) The Argumentative Indian
7) The Godfather
Eight songs I would listen to over and over
1) Souparnikamritha (Kizhakkunarum Pakshi)
2) Pramadavnam (His Highness Abdulla)
3) Harimuraliravam (Aaram Thampuran)
4) Krishna Nee Bhegane (Carnatic Keerthanam)
5) Numb (Linkin Park)
6) Tum Se Hi (Jab We Met) <- Current favourite. Might change.
7) Navras (The Matrix Revolutions OST)
8) Ae Ajnabi (Dil Se)
Eight things that attracts me to my best friends
1) That I’d give my life for them, if need be ( I mean this)
2) I’ll be able to solve all their problems related to computers!
3) I believe in the virtues of peace rather than head on confrontation.
4) That I can listen intently and assimilate whatever crap they say for hours on end.
5) That I try my best to be myself without any facade whatsoever.
6) I’m honest to the core.
7) I do my best to keep in touch with friends; even long lost ones.
8) I demand less and give more in the friendship!
Eight people I’m Tagging: