She was the best thing that had ever happened to my life… At least I felt so for quite sometime. I could continue staring at those beautiful eyelashes for hours without batting an eyelid. I would talk to her for hours on end. Her face, with all its pimples, made Angelina Jolie look like a retard, at least for me. Her voice was seraphic: I felt it vacillate my heart-strings as she spoke. When ever she sang, (and she always did without question when I asked her to) it was SO heavenly. It felt as if I was elevated into another mode of existence, a fourth dimension…
And, when she said she loved me with all her heart, I was on top of the world!
She was perfection redefined; literally and otherwise. We both cherished all those hours on the phone, those odd get-togethers, the lovely gifts… She listened to my rants with intent, bore with me during all those bad times. She empathized with me, the way not even my parents did! In the process, I found myself inheriting her sweetness and charm. I found myself metamorphose into a better human being!
Despite all the pain and bitterness I’ve gone through, I don’t blame her. It wasn’t her fault after-all, she had no other option but to say “YES” to that in-your-face marriage proposal from this well-employed relative. With my unfinished Engineering education, NIL Placement record, and three backpapers, I’m miles behind the hotshot! 🙁
- I miss holding her hand.
- I miss its softness, and her quick-retract commenting on the roughness of my palm!
- I miss the quick twitch of her head, when I said something unbelievable.
- I miss the sound of her voice. I miss making her sing my favourite songs!
- I miss those LONG phone calls!
- I miss gazing at her pic for hours! (I deleted it, can’t do that anymore!)
- I miss pinching her cheek, enjoying its softness…
- I’ll miss her caresses, her cuddles…
- I’ll DEFINITELY miss that odd-embrace I once gave her to console her. (Best moment in my life till date!)
Life’s all about moving on… And, I’m doing my best… 🙂